Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend!

Happy Weekend!

This weekend has been productive *I think* so far!  I love sleeping in and taking my good old time getting up, because the week can be so hectic.  Plus in a few weeks I will be helping part-time to cover a maternity leave for 12 weeks (yes, in addition to my full time job) so I am taking alllll the extra minutes I can get.

I can foresee March-April-May being the busiest months of my life in 2013.  In those 12 weeks that I will be covering the leave as part of PRN (as needed hourly) staff, I will also be training for the half-marathon in Pittsburgh, as well as getting ready for our wedding in July!

The weekends usually leave me with a little bit of extra time, so I'll doodle some clipart, think up activities/therapy ideas, look on Pinterest and Etsy, run some wedding errands, work out, etc.

And this weekend was no different.  My Nutribullet led me to try something I wanted to make for a long time... "the green monster detox smoothie".  I had my doubts because I have had many Pinterest successes, but just about as many Pinterest "fails".  You know, the things you try out as easy as the DIY instructions sound, but they just don't come out right.  Anyway, the "green monster" came out AWESOME.  With a few tweaks.  the original pin can be found here.

Here's my picture of my smoothie.  I know it doesn't look fantastic.  But it tastes really good.  I promise.

In "Speech" news, looking back to Friday, we had some fun!  Some of my students worked on my new Activity Pack that I created for my Sam: The Dog Who Likes Carrots story and the results were great.  I used my story and the Pack for 1/2/3rd grade therapy as well as with an older student whose goals include writing.  Of course I only used the parts that were applicable to each student and his/her therapy/goals, but it was nice to have the pack as a resource.

Here's a pic of one of my students working at the SmartBoard:
 And our St. Patrick's Day themed door is finally done, too! Here's what it looks like!

I hope you enjoyed looking around :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips