Monday, February 11, 2013

Marshmallow Monday

Today we began making our ridiculously adorable Marshmallow Heart Pops in Speech Class.

Our room literally smelled like melted milk chocolate all day. Some of the teachers in my hallway were making me laugh because they would purposely swing by the room to get a whiff of the chocolate-y deliciousness.

Our supplies :)
So our marshmallow heart pops activity served MANY purposes today as far as "therapy" goes :)  I like to think I'm pretty good at tailoring ANYTHING into a communication activity- hey! that's my job :)

Anywho, I had a list of Words To Know including:
  • marshmallow
  • heart
  • stick
  • chocolate
  • sprinkles
  • plate
  • bowl
  • spoon
  • microwave
  • melt
I also had a step-by-step sequence of "How to Make Marshmallow Heart Pops"
Step 1: Choose a marshmallow heart (pink or white)
Step 2: Push stick into bottom of marshmallow & put paper liner onto stick (this kept our melty chocolate from dripping!)
Step 3: Dip the marshmallow pop into the chocolate and swirl around until the top is covered
Step 4: Top with sprinkles!

Super, super easy.   And did I mention they smelled yummy? I had a group of kids who were being SO patient and quiet while I got interrupted (per usual) that I even let them each dip a pretzel rod into the chocolate- score for them!  

I usually get my students some kind of special treat for each holiday with a sweet message, but I figured this was way more interactive and they had a BLAST!

Check out the end product! :)






Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips