Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Night

Another day, another post!  Check out what I've been working on these evening:
 My visual First-Then boards! Available at my TpT store here!
 
Just a few of the PCS symbols included in the set!

 
And a little preview of the whole thing!
Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek :)

Today was a good day.  My friend Deanna and I made our half-marathon shirts- yay! I had a great run (a trend this week that I'm happy about) and my student who uses an AAC device (hers is an iPad with Tobii SonoFlex communication app) was absolutely loving the personalized "People" page I was working on late last night.

It makes all the "extra" minutes you put into work so worth it.  I love love love what I do.  I feel bad sometimes calling it my "job" because it is a lot more than that.  Yes, sometimes I run around crazy trying to create/adapt materials, prepare for sessions, collaborate on-the-go, document progress, write IEP's and ER's, oh yes, and provide therapy... but my students every single day make me so happy.  They make me laugh, they challenge me, make me a better clinician, question methods, ask important questions, act silly and sometimes even make me cry... in both the ups and downs of life.  But that's why I'm here.

This is the feeling that brought me to Speech-Language Pathology as a profession,... that feeling you get when "it" clicks and your student accomplishes a goal- one that others may think is a "baby step" progress wise- but you know makes the biggest difference in their entire communication world.

'Night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips