Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blustery Wednesday

I am SO ready for summer!

I, for one, am sick of dragging my big fluffy coat around (you southwestern Pennsylvanians know what I'm talking about) and plus... I need a little sun!  I think maybe I need one of those lamps that simulates sunlight in my room :)

And I have to look at this face every morning before I leave.  Just look at it. Like the pic says he does this to me every.single.morning.  This was Sam's most recent "snuggle me" face while I was making my lunches for the week.
 
Very distracting!

Anyway this morning I woke up so, so cold.  Like I do every morning in the winter.  I was rolling around in bed, and I had the phrase "snug as a bug in a rug" stuck in my head, trying to squeeze 5 more warm minutes out of my bed before I had to hop to it.  {As a side note, I have decided that slippers are now a must in the winter- I know that sounds so silly but really they are wayyy better than socks.}

So I had this whole snug-as-a-bug thought going around in my head I thought, "Hey, what a cute idea for an activity..." so there's now that to work on. ;)

Then I had quite a few exciting things happen today at school.  One was a major "fail" for my half-marathon clean-eating regimen.  Yep, Girl Scout Cookies.  Why, oh why, did I even order ONE box?  I mean, I checked out the nutritional info, eh, whatever... not worth talking about.  Life's too short to not enjoy a thin mint now and again. Or four.

AND I used my new materials in therapy today! My kids loved Sam's story, and they did well with the Comprehension Questions- just the right amount of challenge.  At the end, I got questions like "Does your dog really talk?" and "Does he ACTUALLY like carrots?" ha ha. Very cute.  My new large dice were a hit as well! Look at these puppies! Huge. About as big as the palm of my hand, and so much fun.  I found them at Pat Catan's.
And my day ended with a chuckle.  While in-servicing my teacher colleagues on a student's new iPad device, another student interrupted and said, "Is (student) getting a new dinosaur box?" Of course, she meant DynaVox... like the little girls previous AAC device. Figured that'd give you a laugh, too.

Happy Wednesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips