Thursday, December 12, 2013

Time's flying!

Hey everyone, hope you all are enjoying your week!  It's been pretty frigid here in southwestern PA.

I am so excited to get a small break soon (6 days, but who's counting?!) because I have so many little projects I am working on.  I also have been trying out a few different things that are new to me (but that some of you might use already) to try to free up some of my time and increase my productivity. 

Google Drive is one of the new tools that I have been trialing in my workplace... so far it has been helping me share files between my computers (laptop and work computer), iPad and yes, iPhone!  AND via instructions I stumbled upon at the blog Cooking Up Gallon Size Fun for Quart Size Communicators, I've been learning how to create a paperless schedule and data collection system!

Check it out here!  It was so, so easy.  Thank you so much to Heather!  I look forward to seeing more of your blog!  I used the system today with the 'go-ahead' from my supervisor and it really is awesome.  Not ALL of my students are in my Google Drive yet, but I can assure you that they will be soon!  Using it today gave me excitement I needed to add 20 more.  It takes some time, yes... but so worth it in the end.

Basically, you create a "form" for every student that looks kind of like this:

Then you copy the form, and change the student-specific information (goals, IEP date), and voila! 

Also- I have to add- make sure you are HIPPA compliant by not putting any full names on the forms, even though it only goes to your personal account.  Better safe than sorry! :)  I am not going to give a full tutorial because Heather's is pretty amazing.  So if you have more questions, ask and I will definitely try to help.

I hope you found this somewhat helpful, I am so excited to go "paperless" because I feel like I use so much in a given school year.   What do you use for data collection?

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I am thinking about trying google forms this year. I had a question though. I currently use student folders to keep data and materials. How do you plan for sessions with this approach. Do you still have materials set aside or planned for each student?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I typically still keep a working folder for each student for planned materials and materials that are a work in progress.

    Good luck! Each year I seem to do something different because my organization plan of attack seems to transform based on my current set up. I went back to paper briefly- but the Google docs kept me so organized, I really do love the form system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you have to go into your email each time you want to fill out a form?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you look at/ develop data on individual objectives?

    ReplyDelete

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips