Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Picture Tuesday :)

I finally have some pictures for you!
My new theme is based off of my new favorite print from Thirty One, Party Punch! :) I love the mint, gray, lime green and pink.
 
I bought this file folder organizer in the print from a Thirty One party, and I cannot live without it. 
...So much so that I bought another one!  I love their products and they are so useful and durable.
Notice my EOS lip balm never leaves my desk! :) Addicting!
 Here is my new "waiting area" :)  If you were familiar with the make-up of my previous room, you'll know I like to keep some chairs and comfy pillows handy for the students or others who are waiting!
 
Did you notice my little table got an upgrade?  So bright, I love it.  My pillows from left-to-right are from: handmade, Michaels, HomeGoods and Wal-Mart!
 
 I did go out and buy some new fabric to match my theme, most of it is from Hobby Lobby.  I probably will never shop anywhere else for fabric since theirs is always on sale!
 

Calendar and weather wall!  Love this bright chevron.

 My "Articulation Station" wall.  Where I can quickly grab artic materials.  Complete with tissue paper flowers... which are soo easy to make.  I found step by step directions from Pinterest here.


My behavior and rewards wall!  The "wooden" wall is actually fadeless paper that my wonderful sister introduced me to.  I had to buy additional paper because my wall is so wide & tall, but make sure you take a coupon if you grab some!  It's about $9 a roll (depending on where you go), mine was from Michael's.
 
About the behavior clip chart portion: our school is adopting the School Wide Positive Behavior Support (SWPBS) system and I have my own clip chart in the Speech Room so that students realize their behavior matters everywhere in school, even in Specials and therapy.  You can grab the one I made here.

 The top of the behavior and reward wall... reinforcing our "clips" :)

And new this year... reward punch cards!  I got the idea when I was at Giant Eagle, not kidding.  Kind of like when you use your "Advantage Card" at the store and earn perks-  students earn a hole punch for bringing their folder, and a hole punch for participating in Speech class that day.  Once a student has his or her card filled up, a prize is earned!  It took some students a little too long to earn prizes in my room with the sticker chart and occasional birthdays, so I added this in.  So far it's been a really great motivator!
 

And another new addition: our weekly "To-Do" list.  It helps the students and I keep track of what's going on this week, birthdays, assemblies, and other goings on for our school.  With my wide scope of grades (K-12) it is easy to lose track of what is going on and when! 


This was my room all ready for Open House at the end of September.  Open House went really well and I think it's going to be a great year (as always)! I will post more pictures soon.  I hope you enjoyed them!

-The Speechie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My TpT Store!

Blogging tips